Tuesday 27 September 2011

(Nail) Art Attack!

Nail art! Something that until very recently I had never given much thought to.

I've always painted my nails, although as they are often in such a bad state (they're very brittle and they peel all. the. time.) I do try to give them a week's break in between every polish.

But recently I've been inspired to try something new - probably thanks to Lauren Conrad's new beauty website from which I found this blue moon tutorial.

I found this tutorial really easy to follow, and the polishes were both from Miss Sporty's collection. These polishes are only £1.99 and available in all good drug stores in Britain. And they are wonderful! Such a bargain and they go on so easily. They have a wide brush, but they're downfall comes from the fact that I needed at least 3 coats of each.

This second tutorial came from a great website that my friend Steph recommended to me, Nailside. This explosion accent nail tutorial was SO difficult to figure out, as I could not get the placing of the tape correctly.

I used an NYC red polish plus the Miss Sporty silver. The NYC polish was an old one, but it still went on well, although I really should buy a new one!

I'm giving my nails a break right now, but I think next I will try Jane at Nailside's heavy layering experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment